Friday 18 June 2010

Hello, sorry I haven't written a post in a while, but I've been in the middle of my GCSEs for several weeks now and time between exams and revising to keep up with my blog has been hard to find. Anyway, I'm here now, so here goes:
My jewellery of the day today is the Maiden Voyage-Gold and Blue Ship Cameo Necklace with Anchor, shown above. It's the prize for this month's Penny Masquerade competition (yay!) but is also for sale on Penny Masquerade's Etsy pages. Obviously, the nautical theme is bang on trend, but the brilliant thing about this piece is that it's different. So many shops at the moment are full of plastic anchor charms and stripy ribbon and I'm so pleased to see Penny Masquerade's take on the trend, especially as it makes me think of holidays- YAY!!!! You can enter the competition now (the winner will be chosen on the 30th of June) by blogging, tweeting, following, or simply commenting on the competition below. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you follow the link and enter now!

My art of the day is also a sketch of a ship. I know, I know, Kay Nielsen again, but this is such a lovely picture I couldn't really think of anything else for this post. As an illustration to the original story of The Little Mermaid, by Hans Christian Anderson, I feel that the artist has really understood the themes, especially with the sad colours and flowing shapes. Maybe read the original, if you have time (I'll include the Sur La Lune link below)- it's quite a bit different from the happy-ending stuff most people were brought up with...

Right, that's it for today because although my next exam isn't until next week, I should probably be getting on with some more revision. Oh dear. Please enter the Penny Masquerade competition for my jewellery of the day!

Bye for now,

Rachel xxx

P.S.~ Here are the links:

www.etsy.com/listing/47564790/maiden-voyage-gold-and-blue-ship-cameo

pennymasquerade.blogspot.com

www.surlalunefairytales.com/littlemermaid/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment